Is TSA Precheck Worth It When Flying With A Dog?
We saved so much time with TSA Precheck. It made security with a dog 10 x's easier!
*The dog carrier above is not flying approved. It's simply for rolling Olive around in the airport. We bring her Sherpa Deluxe Carrier for the actual flight!
Is TSA Pre worth it?
YES! If you fly more than a couple times a year (with a dog or not), I highly recommend applying for TSA Precheck!
We saved 25-30 minutes not having to wait in TSA line at the airport. The average time a TSA Precheck member waits, is 5 minutes.
What is TSA Precheck & Why I Love It!
Rather than doing the standard airport security (take off shoes, remove liquids, belts, and jackets, etc...) TSA Precheck is a quick airport screening that does not require you to remove your shoes, belts, liquids, laptops, or jackets during security.
SAVES SO MUCH TIME & IS LESS STRESSFUL.
When going through TSA Precheck with a dog, you DON'T have your hands swabbed! You will simply walk through the scanner, and collect your items!
How To Apply?
1. Complete the online application (this takes maybe 5 minutes to apply).
2. After the online application is submitted you will schedule an in-person appointment at an enrollment center. They will conduct a background check and fingerprinting (takes less than 10 minutes). Be sure to check what information to bring.
3. Pay the $85 enrollment fee (per applicant), that is good for 5 years.
4. You'll most likely receive an approval notification via email (if approved) in 3-5 days, though some applications can take up to 90 days.
5. Once/if you're approved, you will receive a Known Traveler Number. This information is what you'll add to your reservation, so your boarding pass will state you are "TSA-Pre".
How To Do I Add My Known Traveler Number To A Pre-Existing Reservation?
You may have the option to add the KTN to your reservation online. If you are unable to locate the KTN information on your reservation, call your airline and they can add your KTN.
"Be sure the your full name, date of birth and KTN match exactly as you provided during enrollment because if there is a mismatch in the data entry in the travel reservation, you will not receive the TSA PreCheck® indicator on your boarding pass." -TSA Gov
Who Can Apply For TSA Precheck?
Directly from TSA GOV, "The TSA PreCheck® Application Program is only open to U.S. citizens, U.S. nationals and lawful permanent residents."
Great Investment For Traveling
If you want to save time, no more stress of unloading/reloading your items through security, and/or just don't want to deal with the hassle of waiting in a long security line.
Each traveler is subject to their own experience! If you have any questions regarding TSA Pre, please message me here.
TSA Precheck FAQ (CLICK HERE)
*Disclosure: I only recommend products I would use myself and all opinions expressed here are my own. This post may contain commissionable links that at no additional cost to you, I may earn a small commission. Thank you for your trust and loyalty!